Cabin Rental Rules
We are trying to avoid mandatory fees many other lodging facilities
charge, so please be considerate and call early if there is a change in plans.
- Two night minimum required.
- Holidays: For reservations including Memorial Day and
Labor Day. a three-night stay is required.
- July 4th week is NOT available including both weekends.
- Weekly rentals run from Friday to Friday or Sunday to
Sunday. Special exceptions may be possible if given enough
- Check-in: After 3pm. If the cabin is vacant prior to your stay,
an earlier check-in may be possible with permission.
- Check-out: If the cabin will be vacant upon your departure
you may stay longer with permission. Enough notice must
be given to allow the opportunity to schedule the cleaning
crew. ABSOLUTE LATEST CHECK-OUT IS 4PM
- 50% of the total fee is due at the time of booking your
reservation. The remaining balance is due 14 days prior to
your arrival. Cash, checks, or money orders.
- All reservations are subject to a 6% NC sales tax, and a 3%
Ashe County occupancy tax. *See Fee Formula page.
- All reservations require a refundable $100.00 damage
deposit. This deposit will be refunded upon satisfactory final
inspection of the cabin.
- The final inspection will include water equipment and lawn
furniture will be checked to see if it has been put back in
place. Trash should be bagged.
- Cancellation Policy: A minimum of two weeks notice must
be given in order to receive your refund. Cancellations of less
than two weeks will be charged $100.00.
- "No show" guests will be held responsible for one night's fee.
- A liability waiver MUST be completed by the person
responsible for the group, signed and returned to 4033
Walker Road, Rock Hill, SC 29730 before canoes, kayaks, or
the truck and trailer can be used. Keys will NOT be issued
until the waiver is completed!
- The truck is to be used ONLY for canoe shuttles. NO TRIPS
INTO TOWN! No one under 18 can drive the truck unless an
adult over 24 yrs of age is in the truck with them.
- To be safe, even if you think you will not use the canoes or
truck: Experience has taught me that the river will entice you
into craving to be a part of it. So pre-plan and fill out the
liability waiver before you go. Send the waiver and the
remainder of your payment together. A midnight canoe trip
under the full moon is a wonderful experience when the
river is calm!!
- ALWAYS place the fire screen in front of the fireplace before
going to bed!
- NO SMOKING IN THE CABIN! NO PETS! NO
Cabin on The New River
Directions to Trash Dump
- Go to paved road, take a left as you would on your return home trip.
- Cross the big bridge over the river to stop sign at the horse barn. This is
North Fork New River Road and Old Hwy 16N
- Go 1.5 miles. Take a right onto Shatley Springs Road
- Go to stop sign - new Hwy 16N/221 and take a right.
- Go 1.3 miles - you will see green boxes on your right. HOURS: 7AM -
7PM CLOSED WEDNESDAYS AND SUNDAYS
- This trip takes you towards Jefferson. If you need supplies just follow Hwy
16S/221S past the green boxes to stop sign. You will turn right to go to
What to do when you arrive:
- If burning a fire, open the fireplace damper!
What to do before you leave:
- Cut off all appliances, lights, stereo, TV.
- In the Winter set the thermostat to 48 degrees. It is located on the wall in the
- Clean out fireplace coals, place the coals in the metal can and replace the
lid on the can to prevent Fire.
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Replace the door key into lock box.