How To Get To The Cabin
- Take I-77 North to exit 73B (421N towards
- Follow 421N for about 25 miles through North
Wilkesboro, past Ryans & Lowes to stop light
at 421N/16N Car wash is on left corner.
- Take a right onto 16N and continue 22.3
miles to stop sign at Hwy 88W/16N
- Take a left over the river bridge and continue
3.1 miles, entering Jefferson
- You will see Southern States store on the
right, a self-serve carwash on the left.
- Take a right at the second road to the right at
Dollar General. This is Wade Bare Road
- Continue on Wade Bare Road to the stop
sign and take a right. This is old 16N
- Follow this road for 3 miles. You will see an
old country store Blevins Sub Shop on the
- One hundred (100) yards farther, take a left
onto the North Fork New River Road. There is
a wood and rock horse barn at this turn.
- Continue across river bridge and take a right
- Follow alongside the river past Bent River
- Go up the mountain, then down the
mountain into a hairpin curve to the right
- Take a right 100 yards farther onto Mouth of
Silas Creek Road. A small A-frame house sits
at this turn.
- Follow the gravel road 1.6 miles to the two-
story cabin on the right. 1740 there is elk
antlers over door (Lock box on right side of
door) in the "Preserve On the New River"